Thursday, November 10, 2011

Replacement Sour Cream :)

Pin It

I have a habit of often forgetting that everyone else doesn't know what I do, this recipe is an example of that. My mum mentioned it in a conversation and I was surprised...I thought everyone did this. :)

I can not give up sour cream, believe me I've tried. It was always my dirty little secret, hidden behind the yogurt and pickles. Until I learned it's easy replacement.

All you need is 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt, 2 TBL light mayo, and 1 tsp lime juice.


Put all the ingredients in a bowl

And mix together well.



You now have a healthy substitute for your sour cream! I use this on Mexican food, my friends use it for their baked potatoes. You can also substitute the sour cream in a dip recipe, just keep in mind that non fat yogurt doesn't hold up as well to baking so your dip may come out watery.

One of the big advantages over substituting Greek yogurt for sour cream is that Greek yogurt is much higher in protein. Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...