Monday, September 10, 2012

Roasted Broccoli and a Bamboletta

  Happy Monday!! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic Monday, I got to start my day having lunch out with my Aunt and her friend. I'm always happy when someone else does the cooking. :)
 
  But that is far from the big news of the week here. This week I got my first and oh so wanted Bamboletta. If you don't know what a Bambo doll is, then hit the link or check out their facebook page. But be warned that you will be obsessed and start stalking them, like myself! I won't bore you with the details, but I've wanted one of these for the longest time. And they aren't the easiest to get because everyone else wants them too! So I'm beyond stoked and have been nerding out all week. And the coolest part? Her name is Skye, how sweet is that?


  Okay, I want to go on and on about Bamboletta dolls and how BEYOND awesome they are but I'll contain myself. I'm just going to say that the girls who make these dolls are amazing and the dolls are worth every penny and then some. 

  Onto Roasted Broccoli. :) I'm obsessed with roasting vegetables. I love them, it draws out the flavor and I'm a nut for the crispy parts. I recently made salsa using roasted vegetables and it was great....but of course no where near as good as my hubby's salsa! Roasted broccoli is a current craze and this is my favorite way to prepare it.

What you'll need:

1 head of broccoli (regular size, not a huge one!)
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 Tbl canola oil (plus a tiny bit more)
2 Tbl (approx) grated parmesan cheese

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Cut the broccoli florets and toss them in 2 Tablespoons of canola oil. I cut my fairly small so they'll roast quicker.

Slice the garlic cloves but leave separate from the broccoli

Lay the broccoli out on a cookie sheet and put in the oven for about 7 minutes

Toss the garlic cloves on the the sheet and then sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the top

Let the broccoli cook another 8 minutes (approximate). Basically I cook the broccoli for a little while before adding the garlic because I've found that otherwise the garlic gets too burnt and doesn't taste very well. But, keep an eye on the broccoli so you don't burn it because then it doesn't taste very good!

Once cooked, top with some parmesan cheese and serve right away! Enjoy!!


  By the way...who has some good recipes that use grapefruit?? Because I have two trees covered in grapefruits that will be ripe before I know it!



2 comments:

  1. Try a thai grapefruit salad! Coconut shavings (toasted), grapefruit, mint, and peanuts. So refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated your for a Liebster award, read about it on my blog.
    Dawn
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...