Alright! I'm way behind and trying to catch up here! Back in June The Kitchen Whisperer nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! Yipppeeee! If you haven't checked out her website, be sure to go over there. She has so many delicious recipes that you're sure to find just what you're looking for!
This award comes with rules, so here they are:
- The rules for this award are….
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
- Include a link to their site.
- Include the award image to your post.
- Include the award image on your blog.
- Give 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
- When nominating other bloggers, include links to their sites.
- Let those bloggers know they have been nominated.
Now for 7 random facts about myself, I'm never good at these. :)
1. I really don't like raw vegetables no matter how hard I try
2. When it rains I always want to bake
3. I get easily distracted, which has led to setting off the smoke alarm while I'm cooking before.
4. I started my blog as a place to store my recipes because I kept losing them
5. My cat (Flea) is named after the Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist...NOT the bug!
6. I got married in Fiji and seriously thought about throwing my passport in the ocean so I had to stay. :)
7. I love making things, when ever possible I make things rather than purchasing them.
My 15 nominations (this is so hard, there are so many blogs that I adore!!). I also left off people that I noticed had just gotten it. =] In no particular order:
1. Ally's Kitchen: http://www.allyskitchen.com/ How can you not adore Ally and her blog?? I love the upbeat feeling you get from it.
2. http://fullbellysisters.blogspot.com/ I recently found this blog and I'm in love! It's packed full of delightful recipes that are healthy too!
3. This and That: http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/ Marlys has some recipes that I've never even heard of before that look amazing! The Canadian and African influences on her dishes make them intriguing to me.
4. http://menubyvicky.com/ I have to be careful when I visit Vicky's blog because I always find myself in the kitchen baking afterwards...and then eating everything I just baked because it's so good!!
5. http://parttimehousewife.com/ Another blog that I can always count on for fabulous recipes. I've made a lot of hers and they are always a hit!
6. http://www.chefpickykid.com/ I can never get over how cute the header is on her blog! More great recipes and some tasty adult beverages too.
7. http://tablefortwocookbooks.blogspot.com/ Warren has endless recipes that you'll want to make right away. And he has a cookbook you can order!
8. http://foodfiendojie.blogspot.com/ She has some gorgeous deserts that I wish I was capable of making!
9. http://isabelleathome.wordpress.com/ Not only are her recipes awesome, but her stories are sure to make you smile and come back again.
10. http://ellenbcookery.blogspot.com/ <Drool> The only problem I have with Ellen's blog is that I want to make everything! You'll always find great recipes here!
11. http://www.busyvegetarianmom.com/ As some of you know I love, love vegetarian dishes and don't eat a lot of meat. Tracy has a great collection here, I've loved everyone that I've tried. Also check out http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/ a group I belong to that she takes care of, and join our next linky party!
12. http://fromcalculustocupcakes.blogspot.com/ Oh my tasty goodness! Everything you find here is perfect, but I'm a huge fan of the lemon filled lavender shortbread cookies in particular!
13. http://cranberrymorning.blogspot.com/ <Sigh> I recently stumbled across this blog and immediately had to subscribe. Not only will you find recipes to try, but endearing stories by Judy that you're sure to love!
14. http://everythingkitchensink.blogspot.com/ Another blog that I've found great recipes for meals, my husband always asks for her chorizo chicken burgers!
15. http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/ Last but not least is Lois over at Walking on Sunshine. Her blog is full of recipes, advice, and loving stories of her life.