Monday, January 9, 2012

We're Here! Kind of...

  As many of you know, we've been in the process of packing our home in coastal Virginia and moving to Tampa, Florida. Talk about hectic. Home made meals fixed with all fresh ingredients quickly turned into meals delivered in a paper bag. Talk about gross. :) The actual move/drive was pretty uneventful. There were a few melt downs by yours truly and fair amount of stress. We left a day late, as expected, and drove to South Carolina before calling it quits for the day. We left late the next morning and finally arrived in Florida late in the evening. We were able to find our new home (a.k.a. extended stay hotel) easily. It was, ummm, nice. Which is being nice. I can honestly say that I would prefer to never live in a tiny hotel room with a husband and two cats again. Ever. Never.

  But we survived. Which I believe means that we can survive anything. We loved Tampa from the first day, hello Gulf of Mexico! The uncomfortable living arrangements got us motivated to quickly begin the search for a new home. It was frustrating at first when we couldn't find a place that was perfect and encountered issues getting realtors to call us back...but we kept going. And found an amazing place that we love! Just in time for Christmas. :) We quickly took on numerous house projects including painting and staining and got to work. Which was great, but put a hold on actually moving into the house. We've just recently finished our projects and are starting to get onto really unpacking and getting our house in order. Which means many, many more projects and countless trips to Lowe's and Target. They already know me by name.

  I'm ready to get back into projects and cooking! I've been going crazy on pinterest finding new recipes and projects. And attempting to work on some of my own. So stay tuned...I'm full of new ideas and energy! And I'm ready to get going again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...