Friday, February 24, 2012

Crochet Dish Cloths

Pin It



My current obsession is back to making dish cloths. They're so simple that you don't even need to have a pattern, just start crocheting your favorite pattern and go until you have a square. Or, you can follow the current pattern that I've been using to make myself some. Yes, they're just for me. :)

Here are the details of what I used to make a wash cloth that is approximately 7.5" square:
*Size I 5.5 mm needle
*Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn in color of your choice (I like to make them in two different coordinating colors)

You can use another type of yarn obviously. Just make sure that it is 100% cotton. Anytime you're making dish cloths or wash cloths you need 100% cotton yarn.

Chain 32

Row 1: Half double crochet (hdc) in 2nd chain from hook and next 2 chains. Skip 1 chain. *hdc in next 3 chains. Skip 1 chain. Repeat from * to end of row.

Row 2: Chain 1. hdc in each stitch across the row (24) 
Row 3: Chain 2. Triple Crochet (tr) in each stitch across the row (24)


Row 4-13: Keep alternating Row 2 and Row 3 (5 times each)

Row 14 and 15: Chain 1. hdc in each stitch across (24)

Bind off work and sew in loose ends. There! You're finished, wasn't that quick?



Here are the finished dish cloths for our beach colored kitchen

If using them for a gift, I like to tie a piece of yarn around them for presentation. 


Pin It

1 comment:

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...